Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Farewell Ohio

We move to Albuquerque, New Mexico is less than a week. There was little confusion as to whether or not we were moving. Brook did get accepted to the PhD program which meant staying here for three more years. But a week later with a policy change we learned we were going to New Mexico after all. For some people this policy change was a big shock and a big change in their plans. Luckily for us, we only thought we were staying here for a week and it wasn't too hard to wrap our minds around leaving again.

We are exited to move closer to family in Utah and go somewhere where the sun shines. Dayton is pretty dim in the winters. My sister was in town this past week and on what I thought was a pretty sunny day she said, "It's so dark here!" Mind you, she lives in Texas. I hope I get super tan!!

I love Ohio. I would live here forever. It is a wonderful place to raise a family and other than the winter, the weather is wonderful. This is our first move with the military and I'm finding I am not a wanderer. I like to make a nest and stay there. With a baby just a few months away I'm eager to make a new nest.

The girls are taking the move a little hard. Lots of tantrums and tears. Company in town has been a big help but then they also see our kids at their worst. Grandma Teeny is here and painting the girls faces every day. After she painted their face and arms, Lilian stripped off her shirt and wanted her tummy painted. She couldn't get enough of it.
Every Grandma should become a face painter. Oh, and she also does balloon animals...what a dream!!
I love Lilian's look here. She is just too excited to be next to Grandma.

We are so grateful for our time here. We love love love the people and I'm sad to leave them. I'm not a good long distance driver so wish me luck...or maybe we should be wishing Brook luck since he'll have to listen to my complaints for three days.

6 comments:

alisa said...

What?? Whoa! I am so out of the loop! That came FAST! Have you found a place yet?? Keep us updated on the new place and new contact info! We miss you guys!

Lorraine said...

I'm sorry that you don't get to stay. I loved Ohio too.

The girls look like they have had a marvelous time with grandma. Camille still talks about Lily sometimes. I am sure they will miss all of their friends.

Cynthia said...

We'll miss you guys! You have some super cute pictures on here! Good luck with your move. I'm sure you'll find lots of people you know in N.M. We love Ohio too and it will be hard to leave in a couple of years. But maybe you'll be back sometime! With the A.F. you never know!

the andersons said...

we are going to miss having you guys close enough to do long weekends and holidays, but wish you lots of fun in another adventure! let us know how it goes!

Angela Bentley Fife said...

Welcome to west of the Mississippi!. You know it's different out here than the midwest. No grill-outs (do they say that in ohio?) Just Bbq's, no ice storms, no wind chill, no humid summer days when you wonder why you just spent an hour getting showered & ready just to step out into the humidity and be instantly wet. I think the "darkness" cynthia was talking about is the humidity in the air because whenever we would visit SLC, we would shield our eyes like we had been in a cave, "it is so crisp and bright here" we would always say, and then go shopping for the darkest sunglasses we could find.
We are sooooooo excited for you to be closer. I WILL take a road trip to find you.
love,
ang

jo said...

that's a bummer that you have to move. moving is so hard! the only thing i like about it is that we have a chance to go through our things and get rid of some of the stuff that's just sitting there.
good luck with your move!