Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Camera

No, I don't have a new camera but I need one. And I need suggestions. I'm looking for something small and not too expensive (under $200) and that is capable of taking good pictures by someone like me who has no talent in the picture taking field.

Case in point:


Why can't I take pictures consistenly? Honestly, half get deleted because they are so blurry. Brook is constantly trying to show me how to hold down the button just so and when I think I get it it turns out with lousy pictures again. It is luck if I get one in focus. So, give me some help and maybe you'll enjoy looking at my blog more!

7 comments:

jo said...

i love reading your blog as it is! and i'm sorry that i don't have any camera ideas, i just don't know of any good ones under $200 but i'm sure they're out there.
as far as getting good pictures with what you have now, i read a lot of photography blogs, and they all seem to say natural light is best. also if your pictures are blurry maybe your hand is shaking (like mine does!) you could try to steady yourself on something before you press the button and just make sure you're in a well-lit area, because the faster the camera collects the light, the sooner it'll be done taking the picture (less blur.)
taking pictures is hard because there are so many things to factor in, but don't worry, your pictures are great!

Lorraine said...

No camera advice here. I used to have lots of problems with our camera, but have found that with practice I have gotten better. I find that I do a lot better in the house if I use the flash. Another thing you can do is play with the setting on your camera, rather than letting it choose an auto shutter speed. Glad you had a nice birthday.

the andersons said...

I like to read your blog regardless of how professional the pictures look. :) Especially when they are of your sweet baby.

Anna Haase said...

I just bought a new camera yesterday. A SONY Cybershot W290. Very user friendly and you're able to take high-def video too. I think my total was a little over $300 but that included a case, memory card, and the camera. I bought it at Best Buy with their payment plan. No interest for 6 months. So I shouldn't have a problem paying it off in little chunks. My latest post on my blog has photos taken with the camera. www.annahaase.blogspot.com. Good luck! By the way...Daphne is a cutie!

Unknown said...

A great camera is the Canon S2IS. I think now they have S5IS or something, but we have had our S2IS for many years. The IS stands for Image Stabilization. It will help with blurry photos. I also love that it has a great zoom and it takes little movies with sound. This is the camera I use for field trips and such when I don't want to take my big expensive Canon 40D :) The S2IS also has a flip screen to help you take pictures from all kinds of angles. Anyway, I know we paid about 250-300 when we bought it years ago, you might be able to find one on ebay cheaper, I don't know what the new series of S?IS is going for, but I don't think it's more than 300.

Anyway, sorry for the long comment!

AnnP said...

Last year we bought a Canon PowerShot A590. I have been really happy with it. I am pretty sure it was under $200. It is a nice little camera - little, but not too little, has lots of settings, etc.

The Wilsons said...

Have you tried turning off the automatic flash and then letting in lots of natural light. The camera should snap the pic faster and generally the coloring is better. Thats my thinking until you get something new.

We like our Canon 790IS, its not being made any more, but I'm sure there is something Canon replaced it with. Check amazon before you buy at a store, ours was a good bit cheaper there, and no tax, free shipping, and most importantly you can stay home and order in your jammies!