Monday, July 19, 2010

3 is 1

My littlest peanut turned 1 last week.  I know it's cliche, but this year has really flown by.  Daphne has been such a dream baby.  She has brought so much joy and love into our home.  I love this girl.  Her sisters are wonderful to her, so helpful and they rejoice in her milestones just as much as we do.  Sunday night she took her first solo steps.  We all cheered.


Her birthday was low-key.  Since we move this week, we had tons of other things to do, but we loved stopping for the evening to celebrate her and eagerly watch her eat a piece of cake.

Speaking of cake.  They are getting worse with each passing birthday.  I have all these ideas of the sentimentality and love that goes into a home-made cake but whoa, have mercy on these children.  Okay kids, I cry uncle...I give up.  We will start buying cute cakes from a bakery and I will end this suffering.  


I thought I was buying super cool sparkler candles that the kids would ooh and ahhh at.  I had such expectations.  They would secretly think what a cool mom they had.  They sparked like once.  Such duds.  And oh yea, they were trick candles.  I didn't mean to get those.  So, we got to blow it out like 4 times.

Happy Birthday Didi!!

2 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

As long as the cake tastes good then looks don't matter. The candle mishap is funny though, good job mom!

Lorraine said...

One already! I love her little onesie! I used to decorate the girls fancy birthday cakes, but Camille had her birthday the day we moved into this house, and I just didn't have time. I did get out the princess cake pan and baked the cake, but then frosted it with a can of frosting and added sprinkles and she was thrilled. Since that time, I have done that most of the time, and those are the girls favorite cakes. Someday, I will start decorating fancy cakes again! I have to justify all of my cake decorating supplies somehow!