Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kindergarten

Our household has been all a buzz lately with our dear Lilian starting Kindergarten.  For the past year or so I've been pretty hesitant at the idea of sending my little one off to school all day but this summer those feelings changed and I couldn't be more excited for her.  And being in a great school district doesn't hurt.  Besides, she's only away 3 hours.  Some of Daphne's naps are longer than that so it seems like a flash.

We live so close to school that we are considered "walkers" but since she's in the afternoon group, she gets to ride the bus to school with a small group of kindergartners.  It's the highlight of her (and Rosie's) day.

I'm so ashamed I didn't get a proper front porch first day of school photo.  Unfinished entry way counts, right?

Lilian didn't seem nervous at all.  In fact, I had to coerce her into getting this photo.  She was too excited she couldn't be slowed by lame mom stuff.


Every day as we walk home from school I ask her what was her favorite thing today and what was her least favorite.  Most days her least favorite thing has been playing outside because it's scorching hot.  Her favorite thing varies from an art project, to a story, playing with friends, and eating her snack...which made me laugh so hard.  If your snack is the highlight of your day I'd be concerned.  But maybe it was just a really good snack.

1 comment:

Erin Elizabeth said...

My snacks are my favorite too! I just enjoyed some cherry fage yogurt. my afternoon snack will be a banana and peanut butter. Lilian is right on track.