Monday, December 6, 2010

Windows

This is a really good post.  Maybe if you read that first, you'll believe it.

As of today, only two short months later, the windows are officially done, sort of.  There are a few minor things that need to be fixed outside on a couple of windows, but that will have to wait for warmer weather.

Meet one of my old bedroom windows.  This is actually one of the best looking ones, but don't be fooled, the windows were pretty beat down.  Many of them weren't operable.  Some had broken panes, missing screens, wouldn't lock, wouldn't open, etc...  The seals were broken on all of them and so the glass looked foggy all the time.  But the biggest thing to me was they were ugly.  Brook was concerned with how inefficient they were with winter approaching.



So we went with an independent contractor to install them versus and big name like Champion or something. It saved us about $5000 but we would probably have had it all done in 3 days versus our now 60+ day job.  I really can't complain too much though.  I love the new windows and I haven't had to lift a finger.


These are during the install.  Frosty windows went in the bathrooms.


Now we have nice operating windows that I'm not afraid to touch.  Too bad they can only help so much with the dark, grey winter days.

2 comments:

amanda james said...

Yah! We have to replace our windows too...they look so good girl! I'm so proud that you parked your cars in your garage. Our garage is always used for our junk. i laughed out loud when i saw rosey's bare ankle.

Erin Elizabeth said...

Look at that snow! The windows are beautiful and it pays to shop around.