Friday, February 11, 2011

Wherefore art thou Romeo?

Without the huge pine trees blocking the front of the house, new attention has been drawn to our Faux Balcony.


I guess I shouldn't call it a Faux Balcony.  It really is a balcony.  But if you can't get out there can you really call it a Balcony?  Well, we do.  Except we roll our eyes when we say balcony.

If only I could hoist myself out there somehow, maybe Brook and I could play out a little Romeo & Juliet for Valentine's Day.

So, now we need to figure out what to do with it.  Leave it. Remove it.  I guess those are the only options.  I need to play around in Photoshop a bit to see what the house might look like without it.  For now this is all I can do.  Which I must say is equally as useful.


How did she get up there?!


So, what do you think?  To leave or not to leave, that is the question.

6 comments:

chelsea b james said...

you are a photoshop wizard! your house looks so good without those pesty trees

Jaime said...

I think take it down. All you need to do it take the railings down for a quick fix and maybe down the road, do something different. I'm so impressed with all that you guys are doing to your house. You truly are making it a home. :) Loved your new floors!!!

Lorraine said...

I think I would be tempted to take it down. Seems strange to have a balcony in front of the house. Or paint a faux door on the house to go with the faux balcony! Then at least you will know how to get up there!

The Crane Family said...

Why not rip a hole in the wall and put in french doors!!! ;) Or just put up a ladder! j/k
I'm sure it's nice having a covered porch area, even if it's not totally useful.

Erin Elizabeth said...

I vote take it down. The you could put something else over the door. Everything is such a big improvement and I can't wait to see what you guys decide to do with the balcony. Love Rapunzel there though.

amanda james said...

That is so funny. I've never heard of a faux balcony, that is so amazing. Teach me your ways photoshop master. I'm not worthy.