Friday, December 16, 2011

Blah Blog

My blog has been quiet for a while and it is in part due to our woe some laptop.  Not one single USB port is working so I won't be uploading any new photos for a bit.  So, the blog is going to feel a bit dull...you know, as opposed to how amazing it's been lately.

Another thing keeping me from blogging was our Ward Christmas Party this year.  It's over now.  I can breathe again.  I was in charge and in the end it wasn't as awful as I made it seem, but it did control my life for a little while there.

And speaking of taking over our lives, we have been keeping pretty busy fixing up the house.  I do see an end in sight...somewhat.  I guess there really is never an end with house repair.  We've been working pretty hard this past year and I think we're both ready for a nice long break from projects.  In fact, I know Brook is.  Lilian asked in her prayer the other night that we'd be able to finish the laundry room quickly so we could spend more time with them.

HA! It actually made me laugh and I was thrilled she was praying for a quick renovation!  Kids are just insatiable.  Don't worry, we spend plenty of time with them.  But it is a good reminder to prioritize.

As soon as I can, I'll post pictures about a few projects going on right now:

1. We have new counter tops! Buh bye hunter green!  It's the greatest thing ever!!

Old Counters
It's funny seeing that picture of the kitchen.  The white sink was so hard to live with and the green had been plaguing me since day 1.  I have new pictures, I'll see what I can do.

2. New counters mean a new backsplash.  Hopefully in the next few months??

3. Brook installed crown molding in the Dining Room.  So fun, so fancy.

4. And a big one: We are renovating our laundry room and half bath.  You might remember these pictures:

Pipes running along the walls:
(That big blob smear on the wall is from a lead test I did...we're good.)


This situation under the laundry sink:



1/2 Bath
Yeah, this should take us a while.  You know the expression, "Things get worse before they get better."  I should cross-stitch that saying and hang it up in the bathroom.  The wallpaper and tile are down, the vanity is removed, and the walls have been opened up it several places where the plumber did some work.  I'm really hoping we've reached the worse and it gets better from here, 'cuz boy does it look bad.

I promise to share pictures and progress soon!

3 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

Finally, a post! Sorry to hear about your laptop. I'll wait patiently for photos in future posts.

Unknown said...

Oh I really want crown molding in my house! I love it! Can't wait to see more pics :)

Mike and Adrianne said...

I am excited to see all the improvements! Post pictures.