Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Room with a View

For a few days last week, this was Lilian's past time:

We've been so proud of how Lilian has handled her limited activities this past week. She doesn't complain about it and listens when we remind her not to jump or run. All fun will resume on Halloween and she can run, jump, and ride bikes as much as she wants with her new belly button.

In the meantime we are doing a lot of crafts around here. IT HAS BEEN A MESS! I can hardly keep up with all the paints, crayons, scraps of paper, tapes, sparkly stickers, jewels, glue, etc... Here is a tiara we made this morning. The look is flattering for the ears they inherited from their mother. Doesn't Rosie look delighted?

The Spider Web Necklace. So easy. Do it this week before Halloween.

All you need is string, hot glue, and a bowl of cool water. Drizzle the glue into the water and it forms a spider web shape. Hang it on a necklace. And don't be afraid to let the kids handle the glue gun. What's crafting without a few hot glue gun burns?
Ah, Daphne. What can I say? She's growing wonderfully. As she should. This child is awake all night eating. DAPHNE!!!!

2 comments:

the andersons said...

Fun post... great spiderweb necklaces. I am wishing I had my glue gun. Wow, what a trooper you are Lilian! And what a fun mom you have.

Erin Elizabeth said...

Rosie's expression is too funny. It reminds me of my brother when I made him play school house with me. He had to be the principal.