Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rosie is 3

I forgot to mention Rosie's birthday. Which is only right since she's now the middle child.

She had a lovely little birthday party with lots of fun presents and a few friends over. She wore these pink fairy wings all day long and I could tell she really loved the attention. She's been needing it.

Rosie is such a sweet, happy girl. She brings so much love and fun into our family. Almost everyday Rosie has a laughing fit which is so contagious and funny. I can't believe she's 3.

The Tinkerbell toys and coloring books were Rosie's favorites. Lilian played the entire day with a set of rocket balloons and pump I bought for party favors.


The ugly cake. It was so humiliating to present this. Rosie certainly didn't care but I was mortified in front of the other adults. I actually do know how to decorate cakes, this was just a weird fluke. It is a stuffed angel food cake with whip cream. The cake came out lopsided and the frosting just ran all over it. Oh, I was so embarrassed! I asked Brook if he would claim it but in the end I just hung my head in shame and lit the candle.


Oh yeah, on top...that is supposed to be an R.

7 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Oooh, I could have told you about icing on top of whipped cream! I scraped off all my whipped cream and started over! Mine was a jello cake though!

Happy Birthday Rosie!

the andersons said...

Happy Birthday Rosie! Frances, you have me laughing out loud!

Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday Rosie! Sorry you weren't happy with the cake. I am sure she loved it though.

alisa said...

I totally can relate....I am a middle child too Rosie!!
I cannot believe she is 3!! Wow...where did the time go? I think the cake looked just fine. Way better than what I could have done! Happy birhtday Rosie!!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

I like the R. We miss you guys and wish you were here so we had friends to play with.

Erin Elizabeth said...

Um...that's an R? You are so funny, I'll be laughing about that cake all day. Wish I could have had some though, I bet it was delicious. I can't believe Rosie is 3!

jo said...

don't worry about the cake, it's cute colors and the scalloped edge around it is lovely! at least you tried, i've never done a fancy cake for my kids. it looks like you gave her a great birthday.