Sunday, May 8, 2011

Camp Baby

The crib tent is in and so far it is making life a little easier. No more thuds heard in the middle of the night from baby falling onto the wooden floor.  And I won't be startled awake anymore with a Daphne standing next to my bed in the darkness. Shudder.

But it hasn't gone down so easy.  Our crib is sooo massive and the tent just wouldn't fit properly.  You can see it is sinking down into the crib instead of sitting up on top of it.


This worked fine for one night, but it didn't give Daphne much room to stand up in. And though I wasn't worried about it being unsafe, I just wanted it to work properly. And to those who wonder...No. I do not want to put her in a regular bed.  Nope. Nuh uh.



I actually started shopping online for cribs.  That's crazy!!  I don't even know if we will have more babies...what on earth would I do with another brand new crib.  I did find some great ones though and it was tempting!!  I tossed that idea aside because it's nutso and I didn't know what I'd say to Brook when a brand new crib showed up on the doorstep.

I checked Craigslist but the pickins were slim.  And then I thought maybe I could borrow one.  I sent out an e-mail to the women at church and within 5 minutes someone gave me a crib they were trying to get rid of.  She even brought it over a couple of hours later...talk about service!!

This plan worked out much better.  It was FREE and the crib tent fits on it perfectly.


We took down the white crib and who knows if it'll ever come out again.  Oooh, that makes me feel a little sad.

Here's Daphne enjoying her new tent and sticking a rubber snake in her ear.


And Daphne mid cough:


Here's to better sleep for all!!

7 comments:

Jenée's Blog said...

I am so glad that things worked out how YOU wanted them to. ;o)

Jaime said...

Oh pretty, white crib!! :(

The Wilsons said...

Rubber snake, yuck, find something soft and cuddly Daphne! I had a real one in my front yard today.

I hear you on the not getting out of the crib anytime soon front. Your brother had the audacity to suggest that the other day, no way jose!

jo said...

yea for church ladies! so glad you found a solution that works.

the andersons said...

Children appearing in the middle of the night.....I despise that! Scares me to death!!

chelsea b james said...

adam and i just spent the last 5 minutes reading this post and laughing about the giant cage.

the andersons said...

Children appearing in the night freaks me out!