We just got back from another fun little camping trip. My sister has been in town and we thought we'd show her the good life by bringing her along for a road trip with two children.
Niagara Falls was beautiful but honestly not all I'd thought it would be. I thought it was bigger for some reason. It is extremely touristy and there is a lot of ugly buildings surrounding it: casinos, hot dog stands, whatever. I guess it's a good money maker for the area.
We took the boat ride and that was fun. It was nice to see them up close but at one point it is so misty down there we couldn't see anything. We were soaking but the sun dried us off quickly.
Then we were off to Palmyra to see some Church History sites. On the way up the Hill Cumorah Lilian peed on herself. She had to walk the rest of the way pants-less. My sister wondered at what point do children start feeling self-conscious. For instance, "I'm embarrassed because I'm not wearing any pants." I said I wasn't sure but obviously not this early.
A nice sister missionary at the Smith Farm gave Lilian a handmade dress. It is tacky but we love it. She is totally wearing it Sunday.
The camping was nice. Good weather. Rosie slept like a dream although we woke up the last morning to see that every mosquito in a 10 mile radius was sleeping in the crib with her. So gross!! Apparently they don't like baby blood- good thing for her. We on the other hand were eaten alive. I'm sure we will go camping again soon, but as for driving long distances, I'll hold off for a while.
3 comments:
Those are beautiful pictures Frances!! Looks like fun... we miss you guys!
I love these pictures! I'm so jealous that you went to Niagra. That's something we wanted to do while we were in Ohio, but never got around to it. We haven't gone camping yet since we've been here. We'll have to wait until the winter so it's not so hot. I love that you guys do so much of it. What a fun family! Those girls of yours will have such fun family memories!
What a fun trip. I said it before but I'm so impressed that you camp with little kids. I love the pictures and think you look like your sister.
Post a Comment