Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daphne's Room

Just before Christmas I had a burst of project energy and was able to finish Daphne's Room.  Here it is day one after we removed the nasty stinky PINK carpet.  We were lucky to find the hardwood underneath in such good condition.


I was side-tracked halfway though finishing this room and never completed painting all the trim.  You can see how dark the paint in the room was where the trim around the closet is unfinished.  The baseboards are just primed so they still needed to be painted as well.


Now, all finished: 


 The closet doors were too beat up to keep even though we painted them.  We will replace all the closet doors in the house eventually. But, I feel no rush to do it since they aren't inconveniencing me any and they are super expensive!



I know it's not decor magazine material, but I think it's a darling, little room and I love the feeling of accomplishment I have when I go in there.



What we did?

Removed Carpet
Replaced Baseboards
Painted top to bottom
All new electrical (switches & outlets)
Installed Fan
New Windows!
New Door
and eventually New Closet Doors

Phew!

Poor Brook is so sick of house projects.  Not me!!  But now 6 months into this fixer upper we are pretty much out of money.  So, all new projects (cuz there's still plenty in progress) from here on out will have to be planned out and saved for carefully.  But like I said, there's still plenty to keep me busy for a while.  

9 comments:

jo said...

it looks GREAT! well done, could you please give me some of your energy?

The Crane Family said...

It looks great Frances!! Way to go! I love seeing things come together!

Sherri said...

You're *AMAZING* Frances! LOVE keeping up with you and your family via the blog...gotta love modern technology! :)

alisa said...

it looks amazing! So exciting to get stuff done! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

I love it!
I wish I could be more like you :)

Jenée's Blog said...

So... when we finally get a place of our own... will you come help me decorate my children's room?? ;o)
When it comes to decorating, my mind literally draws a blank...
Thanks for sharing your ideas!!

Laura said...

I love your header! What an awesome idea!

Erin Elizabeth said...

Such a sweet little room. You guys are great parents!

Lorraine said...

I love the butterflies above her crib. A very pretty room!