Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tree of Life

I made a lazy susan with an image of the Tree of Life for my parents a couple of years ago.  I loved it.  And after moving an extra plain lazy susan I've had from one place to another, I decided to make my own and get it out of my way!






I took the spinning mechanism off the back, so now it's just a round plaque I'll hang on the wall.  Sorry to those who I've given a lazy susan to, they are kind of useless.

Here's another little plaque, or plague as I keep typing, that I made for a friend:
Left- painted,  Right- with lacquer



8 comments:

Erin Elizabeth said...

Now you're just showing off! Come visit and decorate my house. Or, come when I get a house!

The Wilsons said...

Yeah, ours kind of hangs out on the coffee table now. If we had a big round table it would be awesome on it though! We like it anyways! How come you have all this free time anyways? I am so stressed out by Paul that when he's napping I just turn into a blob, or get done the few things that NEED to be done, like dishes and laundry (the rest is a mess!).

Jenée's Blog said...

Maybe this sounds rude... but I would seriously be willing to pay money for you to make me a 'Tree of Life' plaque. -I know Life is busy for moms, but if you are ever interested... let me know. {wink}
That is truly remarkable.

Patricia said...

I love my lazy susan. It's in the middle of the dining room table, usually covered with an important document or whatever. It makes me happy...
Mama

the andersons said...

Frances, please please tell me where you are getting all this motivation and energy!! I really need some......

the andersons said...

Frances, please please tell me where you are getting all this motivation and energy!! I really need some......

Jaime said...

So, we never got a lazy susan. ;)I've got an art collage wall in my living room (Cynthia's cross stitch is hanging up there) that is screaming for one of those tree of life plaques... wink, wink, hint, hint

ps- you should seriously open an etsy store. You could really sell your stuff, ya know?!

Sherri said...

Absolutely *beautiful*! You ARE talented; if I remember correctly...always have been! :)