The note is meant to help me remember it's broken, so far I'm not remembering. But the real dilemma is what to replace it with? I'd rather have stainless-steel appliances but I'd only purchase new ones if the old, white appliances broke. The microwave was old, but the others seem to have good life left in them. So, do I purchase a new white one so they all match or do I purchase a pretty new stainless-steel one banking on the hope that I may get all stainless-steel one day? Brook thinks either way is fine, it's just a microwave and it won't matter that much if it matches or not. I don't know...what do you think?
But no rush to buy, we just grabbed our old counter-top microwave we've been storing in the basement and we figured it would carry us until we decided what to do. And that's when a little butter caught on fire. Blurg!
So, we probably need to decide sooner than later. We eat a lot of instant oatmeal here and if you have to make it on the stove-top, it's not so instant anymore.
The girls must have overheard my money woes at having an unexpected large purchase because Saturday afternoon they each brought me money from their piggy bank. Lilian came up to me and handed me this money saying, "I just wanted to give you this because now you won't run out of money." I nearly cried. The previous day I had a difficult and expensive trip to the grocery story with the girls, followed by a shocking filling up of the gas tank. My talk about buying a new microwave must have been the last straw for her. I thanked her for the money and hugged and kissed her. Rosie was right behind with some of her own to give and I could tell they felt so proud of themselves.
Now, if I could only find an over-the-range, maybe stainless-steel microwave for $3.30.
3 comments:
Ours makes the loud noise occasionally, but only after I have been boiling water underneath. The home owner had someone look at it and they said nothing was wrong with it. Then a month later it stopped working completely (just like several of our neighbors who got the same microwave at the same time when the houses were built). They fixed the microwave, but it still occasionally make the bang noise. It doesn't happen if I remember to run the fan while I am boiling water... Hope you are able to get a new one soon.
What sweet girls you have!
I would say go for stainless steel and not hope your other appliances go kaput but that over time you can replace them to match. The girls were so sweet to give you their money, very touching.
Post a Comment