Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Strep Throat

My first time having Strep Throat as an adult.  Miserable.  I would rather be in labor.  I felt so stupid going to the ER for a sore throat (a Wicked Sore Throat I might add!) and I felt a little vindicated when I learned it was Strep.  I rarely remember my mom getting sick and I certainly know why.  You can't.  You are just not allowed to.  Who takes care of the mom?!?  Everyone is being very helpful though.

Brook gave me a blessing and refreshes my water.
Lilian brings me whatever I ask...as long as it's nearby.
Rosie didn't complain when I served popcorn for lunch.
Daphne sampled all my cough drops to make sure they weren't poison.

On the bright side, I'm physically unable to raise my voice.  The girls may look back on this week as a pleasant, peaceful time.

Here's Daphne giving the girls a spin in the chair:

 

And waiting for the bus:

5 comments:

jo said...

i'm so sorry you've been sick. i had strep throat a few weeks ago and then right after i got better i got a bad cold. it was so yucky and quite unusual; i don't usually get sick that often.
hope you feel better soon, strep throat is HORRIBLE!

the andersons said...

Strep throat is so LAME! Hope you get better real soon cuz you are right, moms aren't allowed to get sick!!

The Crane Family said...

Strep throat is absolutely miserable!!! Sorry woman! Hope you get feeling better very soon!

Jenée's Blog said...

Being a sick mother is the WORST!! {HUGS!} I am so thankful for Priesthood Blessings... but especially sweet husbands who are worthy to administer them. ;o)

(P.S. I just read your comment about Zachary's "black eye" -AMEN!)

chelsea b james said...

poor poor soul. I hear you sister, I had hernia surgery after birth and was like, wait a second, whos taking care of mama? I hope you are getting better, popcorn for lunch... yummy