Sunday, June 27, 2010

Before/After Projects

I've been a little antsy lately with the upcoming move so I took on some projects to keep me busy.  

I picked up these two nightstands at Goodwill for $12.  A little paint that we already had on hand and some great knobs from Anthropologie and tada!



I love them!!  When I lay in bed I just look over and stare at them.  I've got big plans for these babies. 

Now, that our nightstands were revamped, I had to figure out what to do with the old ones and their matching dresser that were UG-A-LY.  We picked them up off craigslist years ago for cheapo because we were desperate.  I was prepared to stick them out on the street but Brook thought I should reuse them.  

A little white paint and some cutesy knobs hand-painted by me and now Rosie has a place to put her vast amounts of clothes.

Sorry, I never got a good before picture.  Just imagine a nasty, knotty wood dresser.





And here's a table I got off craigslist that I cleaned up and re-stained.  We need a little table in the kitchen and our giant one won't fit.

There you go.  All that "new" furniture and still under $50.  Don't you love a good before and after.  Here's an entire blog dedicated to just that: Better After.

4 comments:

the andersons said...

love it frances!

jo said...

wow. great job! i especially love those night stands, what an amazing find!

Erin Elizabeth said...

love the knobs. you gave the furniture a whole new life. i would never be able to see potential the way you can with your artist's eye.

Unknown said...

Love love the knobs :)
You are amazing!